Dance @ NAFCo
NAFCo 2012 introduces a spectacular programme of dance events including:
* Fiddle & Feet A spectacular concert of music and dance. Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street, Derry/Londonderry, BT48 6EB Thursday June 28th, 8pm
* The North Atlantic Céilí Come and experience a unique evening of ceili, set and couple dances from Ireland, Scotland, Canada and Scandinavia. Friday June 29th, The Plaza, Main Street, Buncrana, Co. Donegal 10pm-1am Tickets £10 on sale at door and from NAFCo festival office open at the Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street, Derry BT48 6EB from Wednesday 27th June, 10pm
* Dance Research Forum Ireland in association with NAFCO hold their 4th International Conference, Connecting Communities Through Dance, with speakers, workshops and performances
* Dancers at NAFCO include Dawn Beaton, Margie Beaton, Cara Butler, Pierre Chartrand, Ann Conaghan, Breandán de Gallaí, Frikar, Nic Gareiss, Frank McConnell, Mats Melin, Joe McGuigan, Connie McKelvey, Paddy McMenamin, Mats Nillssen, Jerry O’ Reilly, Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin, Jon Pilatzke, Nathan Pilatzke, Ingegerd Sigfridsson and Dance Schools from across the north west.
* Newly commissioned dance piece by Breandán deGallaí featuring champion dancers from across Derry and Donegal. Premiere performance as part of the Fiddle & Feet concert.
* Sean-nos Step Off project featuring step-dancers from Scotland, Ireland, Canada and the US. Performance as part of the Fiddle & Feet concert.
*Dance Workshops (Details to be announced)